Alrighty then. So this awful picture of me just won’t stop popping up around the internet. My kids love to re-post it in places like Facebook, or hack into my account and make it my profile picture, so I finally gave up trying to hide it. It will haunt me forever!
Now as I’d mentioned in my previous post, I tend to get depressed a lot, but because antidepressants have all kinds of awful side effects that I’d rather not experience again, I manage it by listening to upbeat music, dressing like a pirate, and generally trying to have a lot of crazy fun and laugh as much as I can. This picture was taken years ago, and if I’m remembering correctly I’d just had a baby, which always resulted in some pretty bad post-partum depression. This is where the crazy fun stuff comes in. I put on heavy clown makeup (the picture didn’t even do it justice, I mean it was really heavy) and messed with my hair. Just about then, the doorbell rang. I looked through the peekhole and found it was our neighbor, wanting to play with Lia. So I threw open the door and yelled, “HELLO!” Scared the living heck out of the poor girl!
So let this be a lesson: You never know what’s going to happen when you knock on my door.
I got a couple more awards from my friends Donna and Samantha! Thank you, ladies! I’ll pass the awards on soon, after playing blog catch-up. I’m supposed to share 7 facts about myself. This part is always fun!
My 7 facts:
1. My favorite items of clothing are my most worn-out, holey skirts that I layer with other skirts and bustle and dress up with crazy tights and pirate jewelry. What surprises me most is the amount of people who stop me to tell me they love what I’m wearing!
2. I collect unicorns and fairy figurines, vintage jewelry, feather hairpieces, crazy tights, and corsets.
3. My least favorite chores are putting away the clean dishes and folding the laundry. But I love to sort. I’ll happily sort all the laundry into piles and baskets, but I’ll do anything to avoid folding them.
4. In 1st grade I wanted to be a zookeeper.
5. I’ve never seen a scary movie in the theater.
6. I want raw salmon nigiri and quail egg shooters. Like, all the time.
7. I break my toes a lot and I’m still walking around on an unhealed broken foot.
Well, that’s it for now! Oh, except for one more thing: REVENGE PICTURES! If those girls are going to post my embarrassing pictures for the world to see, I simply must return the favor. Don’t you agree?
She totally does look like her.
Beginning of summer, she was bored enough to color her eyebrows red! It didn’t wash off for days either.
Emily’s famous troll face!